You might recognize this as the title of a song by Fleetwood Mac, a very popular band in the 1970s and ‘80s. It’s a fun song to listen to but if you think about it, what it’s saying is really motivating and inspirational as well. It may be easy to get into a rut in our everyday lives and start acting like tomorrow will be just another yesterday. But the truth is, new challenges and opportunities are always all around us. Just look at all of the technological changes that have occurred in the last five to 10 years. It wasn’t that long ago that Netflix introduced online streaming, the iPad was first launched, e-readers changed the way we read books and Keurigs’ single serve system revolutionized the world of coffee.
At the heart of Konica Minolta is an unwavering commitment to similar technological innovations and advances. We’re always keeping our eyes on tomorrow and how we can use technology to better the way our customers do business.
One of the big trends in the workplace today is business process automation, and Konica Minolta has its own automated workflow solution in Dispatcher Phoenix. This family of document workflow products streamlines what are commonly manual-based document processing tasks, allowing our customers to optimize their efficiency, saving both time and money. This tool is a great fit to streamline efficiencies in a wide array of verticals:
- An HR department wanted to secure its printouts, to prevent confidential information from being left on the printer output trays, available for anyone to see. Using Dispatcher Phoenix’s Release2Me print release system, they were able to print out their documents when and where they wanted to – releasing print jobs from a queue once they authenticated at the MFP.
- Education: A school district in California used Dispatcher Phoenix Education’s Bubble Grader to create and automatically grade bubble sheet tests and generate statistical reports so that they could evaluate their students’ performance.
- Manufacturing: A manufacturing company took advantage of Dispatcher Phoenix’s standard and 2D barcode recognition features to split files and then route them to folders on the network that had been created based on the barcode value. This freed up important resources for them and really increased the power of their MFP. No more hours consumed by handling paper documents! Now, all the business needs is one staff member to quickly scan documents into a Dispatcher Phoenix workflow and those documents were processed and stored in newly created folders – all automatically.
- Financial Services & Banking: A busy financial services firm used Dispatcher Phoenix Office to automatically extract information from their files and then rename and index the documents based on that extracted content. Because they already used Microsoft SharePoint® to store and manage their documents, Dispatcher Phoenix’s SharePoint Connector was a perfect way for them to then send their processed files directly into the correct library in SharePoint.
- Healthcare: A hospital in Pennsylvania, needing a cost-effective way to comply with federal mandates, used Dispatcher Phoenix’s Rx Shield feature to print secure prescriptions, saving them from having to buy expensive pre-printed forms.
These are just a few examples of how Dispatcher Phoenix has optimized our customers’ business processes. We’re constantly looking for new ways to streamline our customers’ workflows.
As businesses around the world look to incorporate Artificial Intelligence into the workplace, one step forward is with an application like Dispatcher Phoenix that can make intelligent decisions on documents automatically. And this solution continues to grow and evolve in response to customer requests and in anticipation of tomorrow’s business challenges. We’ve brought new features to the Cloud, providing centralized access to control and manage workflows. We developed enterprise options for those large organizations that require automated failover, load balancing, and offloading to ensure continual service. We introduced powerful batch scanning and indexing tools to help those customers who need to control the vast amount of unstructured content that comes in on a daily basis. With the mobile app, on-the-go workers can release print jobs and access to all of their workflows right from their smartphone. And we are a vital part of the global marketplace, having launched in APAC and Europe last year.
This forward-thinking approach has made Dispatcher Phoenix a critical component of any businesses’ smart MFP ecosystem – and shows how we never stop thinking about tomorrow.
Check out some great Dispatcher Phoenix YouTube videos with more information: