If you break down the ways that every business operates, you’ll realize that it’s all based on flows of information and content. We rely on data and information to make sales, pay bills, hire and onboard employees, manage their records and so much more. For as long as we can remember, our businesses have operated on the same basic manual- and paper-laden processes that are now being challenged with new technology and regulations.
Everything is becoming technology based, and the amount of information that our businesses are producing is growing rapidly. We’re inundated with information of all types on a daily basis and some of you are struggling to keep your head above water. Your employees are having a hard time finding the documents and information they need to do their job effectively and some companies are paying more money than they realize to maintain their outdated business processes. It’s costing them large sums of money every year and, even more importantly, it’s costing them valuable employee time and energy that could be used elsewhere.
What can you do to address the elephant in the room? The realization of information chaos is still relatively new to some companies, so here are some ways you can address these issues:
- Focus on the automation of your most manual business processes first. (Accounts Payable and Human Resources are usually perfect places to start.)
- Map out those processes and focus on replicating the manual steps electronically.
- Engage your employees and customers to take part in submitting information in digital formats.
- Educate your senior executives on Enterprise Content Management (ECM) software solutions that will serve as your automation and repository tools.
- Focus on the big return on investment (ROI) that ECM brings. Most companies realize their full investment within the first 12-18 months.
The value of our ECM solutions is that they can integrate seamlessly with any ERP or line of business system. You can link content directly to screens on your ERP and employees never have to leave the ERP. In fact, they may not even know they’re using a different solution – they sometimes think it’s just a new feature to the existing ERP. It’s seamless. This really helps with user adoption and makes it a very easy transition.
Those are some areas where you should focus. If you’re at the point of addressing your need for an ECM or Document Management solution, then reach out to someone who can guide you along that process. We love to educate people on how these solutions can revolutionize their business and ultimately save them time and money. This is the direction our society is moving in and we want to make sure no one is left behind.
contact us today and we’ll answer any questions you may have and we’ll guide you along on your journey to going paperless.