Work is not where you are. Work is what you get done. We firmly believe that at Konica Minolta. And the statistics back us up. By the year 2020:
- There will be 5 billion more people online. That means even more people connected to a device.
- There will be 25 billion more connected devices in the world. Those billions of people will be able to make better decisions because data will be more readily available.
- More than one-third of our global workforce will be freelancers. These workers will not have the same needs for office space but will need enhanced connectivity.
We will offer that connectivity. Building on our core set of smart office solutions, we will reshape and revolutionize the workplace by integrating technology that allows workers to be more productive, more efficient and more collaborative.
We’ve already started.
Through All Covered, Konica Minolta’s IT Services division, we are blending physical and virtual work environments via secure cloud hosting that powers the applications, file-sharing and mobility requirements essential to running a modern workplace. We also offer All Covered Workspaces, a fully managed desktop as a service that offers a flexible and scalable solution giving users access to their computer desktop and apps from any device, anywhere, anytime. Our mobile management services facilitate employees using their own smart phones for work, allowing bring-your-own-device (BYOD) access while securing the company network from unauthorized intrusion. And, FileAssist,™ Konica Minolta’s file storage and collaborative solution fully managed and hosted in the All Covered cloud, enables information sharing in a secure environment.
Through our product portfolio, our technology fits perfectly with the Workplace of the Future. Our bizhub™ portfolio of multifunction printers features mobile connectivity that supports a wide range of devices, including smartphones and tablets that are NFC (near field communication) capable, enabling print-on-the-go efficiency.
Our integration with Microsoft SharePoint allows teams to easily share information both inside and outside an organization. Our Konica Minolta bizhub technology platform allows users to send documents directly from the multifunction printer panel to any SharePoint destination, providing virtually unlimited document collaboration.
Our Enterprise Content Management (ECM) practice is tailored to fit any client’s needs to transform their operations for greater efficiency by reducing paper-based processes, eliminating bottlenecks with unstructured information and automating workflows.
But there is so much more. Under the Workplace of the Future, we offer a broad scope of additional technology to facilitate people working smarter and more effectively.
We have recently launched:
- ALICE Receptionist processes visitors and address employee security. Via streaming video technology, employees can communicate face-to-face with visitors from the convenience and safety of their desk or remote location. ALICE automates check-in and check-out and badge printing so visitors can be tracked and managed efficiently.
- Double 2™ Telepresence Robot helps telecommuters and remote employees feel connected to their colleagues by giving them a physical presence when they can’t be in the office in person. Double offers the benefits of video conferencing utilizing an iPad positioned on a mobile base, allowing users to move through the workplace and collaborate with colleagues.
- The Receptionist for iPad allows businesses to easily manage their visitor flow, keep track of who’s in the office, and connect with guests. Businesses can also set up delivery options, print visitor badges, and authorize the signing of legal documents. The Receptionist for iPad solves front-desk challenges that companies can face.
The physical workplace is changing, too. Acres of walled cubicles are giving way to war rooms housing interdepartmental teams working together in one space for the duration of a project. Workspaces are becoming smaller as desktops move to the cloud, negating the need for large desks. Open collaboration spaces beckon individuals to pull up a chair to talk through tactics. We are literally thinking and working outside the box.
The old adage is true: The future is now. Companies have to do more with less. A burgeoning young workforce is completely mobile and internet connected. Remote workers and traveling employees demand the ability to work from anywhere at any time. No one is chained to a desk anymore.
The smart and connected office industry is a large and fast-growing market, valued at $26B today and expected to grow to $43B by 2020. That magic year!
We have a clear vision of what the future is. We are positioned to reshape it because of our investment in our own Workplace of the Future technology. Through this technology, we will help our clients envision and create their own workplace of the future.